Do you have a talent or skill that you can't seem to fit into your portfolio or elevator pitch? Bring it to our Talent Showcase, where entry-level or aspiring industry newcomers have the opportunity to compete for grand prizes including up to $1000. Whether you're a singer, dancer, DJ or competitive hula-hooper, all talents are welcome.
To submit to the Talent Showcase, click below and complete by September 10, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
Once you've completed the form, please be sure to upload your video submission.
How do you apply?
- Step 1: Upload your a headshot, resumé, biography and basic information.
- Step 2: Shoot a video up to two minutes long showcasing your unique talent.
- The Talent Showcase is an opportunity for entry-level or aspiring Creatives, Strategists, Administrators, etc. to show off a talent that expresses your creative style, but doesn't seem to quite fit in your portfolio.
- The Talent Showcase is not a portfolio competition. It's about showcasing your creativity to give prospective employers another reason to hire you. We want you to show how your slam poetry impacts your copywriting or why your ability as a fire-dancer will make you a 'fire' freelancer.
- The Talent Showcase is not about the most slickly-produced video-- we want to focus on your talents. Shoot it on your phone or shoot it on a camera, just make sure it highlights your talents.
What is the deadline to complete the application?
- Thursday, September 10th, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
What are the prizes?
- Up to 10 talents will be featured during the WAATBP 2020 Diversity Conference & Career Fair. Featured applicants will be notified ahead of the conference.
- Three (3) talented competitors will be awarded Grand Cash Prizes of $1000 (First Place), $500 (Second Place) and $250 (Third Place). These winners will be awarded by a panel of judges from partnering agencies.
Who is eligible?
- The Talent Showcase is open to solo performers over-18 who are entry-level or aspiring talent in the Creative Industry.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Jonathan Jirjis at firstname.lastname@example.org.